This week was all about going in hard on getting important gamefeel features in, in order to successfully engage the player as best that we can. As I mentioned last week, I spent time implementing some small things that would have big impacts. First of all, we added in a bit of screen shake on hit so that the player can really tell when they're getting hit. We also added inertia to the weapons - that is to say, they lag behind the camera a bit as they would if you were turning in real life. I also mostly finished elimination messages, however, the networking component of our game was admittedly stumping me a bit while doing it. Of course, that's just one of the things you have to deal with when jumping into a brand new codebase on a brand new team. Luckily, I've been pretty good at figuring out the rest of the codebase.
So, as our greenlight fast approaches, I'm going to be spending this upcoming fixing bugs and finishing off some of the less polished HUD elements that I didn't quite get the chance to finish in previous weeks. Unfortunately, my body decided to get itself sick right at the beginning of the sprint, but I'm going to try my best to persevere through it and get everything we need done, done.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!